02 August 2007

Dog Days

Every summer I try to adopt the mentality of living in the present. Summer arrives and the fun begins and then, before you know it, it's over. So I try to soak up every moment and be conscious of each day. Sometimes I succeed; sometimes I fail. But it's always a good reminder for me to look back at the summer's events and remember that we did indeed take advantage of those dog days. I know we still have some summer left, so all the more reason to be conscious of what we did and what we have left to do.

Celebrating Cristina's birthday in June

Fourth of July fireworks in Grant Park

A game of Cornhole (there have been lots of those)


Go Cubs!


Applying tattoos at our church's neighborhood block party

The Butterfly Conservatory at the Nature Museum

(Even the best of us can have an identity crisis)

The butterfly mating dance

Venetian Night at Monroe Harbor

3 comments:

The Process said...

Looks like a fantastic summer so far and fun to think that there are still at least 6 wks! Wondering what church you guys are going to these days, noticed that you were applying some tats.

XO
B.

Sarah said...

I think you've enjoyed every day this summer...now we just have to figure out how to enjoy every day of the winter!

Anonymous said...

Man, how I wish we could make it to the Chicago Dog Days! Enjoy every minute...somehow time passes too quickly.