24 August 2008

Front Row Seat

To be honest, I don't know that I've ever given too much thought to major party conventions. After all, aren't they just a lot of pomp and circumstance--grand galas disguised as conferences to officially confirm what everyone has already known and accepted for months? Well, I may be changing my tune after reading what I'm sure will be a witty and insightful look at the goings on of these highly regarded events.

A politics professor and ordained minister, the Reverend Doctor Dale Kuehne has never quite been able to fit into any predetermined box, which is precisely what makes him so refreshing. He has been a friend, pastor and mentor to me over the past 5 years or so as I have attempted to navigate the murky waters of faith and politics. Ever thought provoking, he is a serious thinker who doesn't take himself too seriously, and so, I am delighted to introduce him here via his blog as he recounts firsthand the play-by-play of the DNC and RNC.

I'm sure this is a front row seat you won't want to give up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leading me to this wonderful blog several days ago. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his thoughts on the DNC and politics in general.