19 November 2007

The Artists Among Us

I have a few friends that are blazing some trails and leaving their mark. So I thought I'd share. Indeed, it is amazing what each of us brings to the table--our gifts, talents, skills, perspectives. I am becoming increasingly aware and appreciative of the fact that it takes all of us--a body comprised of many members--to change and celebrate the world. So, without further ado...

I know Brant Menswar from my home church in New Hampshire. He has been working for the past several (and perhaps more) years to follow his call to music. His band is called Fort Pastor and they have just released a new CD called "Beautiful Imperfection". Check out their website to read the band's bio and to read up on their own non-profit organization, The Social Justice Army.

Secondly, a friend of ours is a painter and here is her online gallery: Paintings by Jessica Shurr.

(If anyone is looking for some free advertising, let me know!)

No comments: