30 March 2008

Finishing Well

Yesterday marked Andrew's last day as an employee of the Field Museum. It's been just over 4 years since he first walked across that great Stanley Field Hall, indebted to the details, deadlines and demands that would cripple under his artistic talent. I would say it has been a mutually beneficial relationship, though not without its challenges.

I am proud of Andrew's dedication and commitment to a job well done. He has truly cared about his work, the institution and its community. I am not only impressed when I see his exhibits on display, but I am as equally humbled and proud when I witness the respect and dignity with which he treats those around him--anyone from guests, to colleagues, to security guards, to elevator operators. It is these qualities that truly make him a success.

And so, it is with mixed feelings that we bid farewell to the Field Museum. It's been real. More to come on Andrew's next endeavors!

2 comments:

Hauna said...

Congrats on finishing at the Field, Andrew! I hope you're proud of all the good work you've done there, and good luck starting your new job tomorrow! Looks like it will be a muddy one...

Anonymous said...

The Field Museum was very lucky to have you Andrew! Best of luck to you on the new job!

From your proud NH Mom and Dad