05 June 2008

Random Resources

Here are a few interesting websites I've happened upon.

eNature.com | An online field guide to over 5,500 species of everything from seashells to birds to wildflowers.

Earth911 | Wondering where to dispose of an old cell phone or fluorescent bulbs? Input your disposable and zip code here to find out the recycling or re-use location near you.

The Daily Dish by Andrew Sullivan
| For your political amusement and/or bemusement...

Supercook
| Input ingredient, get recipe.

World Ark | The magazine produced by Heifer International. I've received this publication at home for a few months now, and I'm impressed by its in-depth approach to various and complex issues.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like that Supercook business. I think it will come in handy with the CSA food we get...

Josh By Himself said...

Nice to see the shout out to the Daily Dish on the list. It really is a good site. I'll have to check out these others. Check out the post Ben Franklin put in MY blog!

Carol said...

i was recently wondering how to dispose of a stack of floppy disks i found. haha, who owns floppy disks in 2008?

apparently i do.

anyway, i just added you to my little 'friends' sidebar on my blog. so i thought i'd let you know that i exist in the blog world. :)

-carol