09 October 2008

Alternate Routes | Pure Michigan

I think I'm a sucker for state tourism ads. First Montana, now Michigan. But how can I help myself when in between phone calls and emails I am suddenly arrested by the lulling voice of Tim Allen (yes, Tim Allen from Home Improvement) crooning about water and sunrises? And have I mentioned that every ad is set to the music of the Cider House Rules soundtrack? GLORIOUS! I'm sold every time. We have taken several trips to Michigan since the launch of the Pure Michigan ad campaign and you can bet that I pop in the Cider House CD every time we cross the border. There's just something about that ad, that music, that makes me believe Michigan is truly pure. This past weekend, we spent two purely enjoyable days with friends lapping up all the purity Michigan has to offer.







7 comments:

Sarah said...

I get chills every time we listen to it. Pure Michigan is a weekend away's dream come true. I'm going back next weekend...so...can I borrow the CD?

Anonymous said...

Nice. What a great ad! Makes me want to buy an old schoolbus pack up the family,(and the dog of course) sell the house and everything else that doesn't fit in the bus and drive to Michigan. How beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures and the ad is truly convincing too! Thanks for sharing part of your great weekend away. I think I need to go buy that CD!!

Love, Mom

Carol said...

that sounds wonderful.

i'm really glad that a fellow new englander such as yourself had never heard of leaf peeping. i think it was something lame made up by an outsider. what were they thinking?

Anonymous said...

Seriously what is the deal with the Michigan ads?! Total appeal . . .it may be b/c of Tim the Tool Man Taylor . . .

Your pictures are lovely!

Karen said...

WOW! 25,000 Mornings...makes you think, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Got to love a little game of cornhole on a beach in michigan!!! Next time you take a Michigan trip, you should definitely check out the township of Arcadia. The most beautiful place in the world.