20 November 2008

Meat in a Tube

Last Saturday evening we participated in our first annual Sausage Fest, that is, a collaborative effort with friends to crank out approximately 50 POUNDS of potatis korv (potato sausage). That's right, 50 pounds (although it's still a toss up as to whether there was more sausage or bad jokes). This extremely entertaining and messy endeavor was hosted by our dear friends, Barbara and Nathan, and not only did they sacrifice their time, energy and equipment to get everything prepared, but also... their kitchen. Sausage making is not for the faint of heart, nor for those who cringe at the sight of dribblings on their stove... or floor... or cabinets. Barbara and Nathan had split up the grocery list and we each brought our allotted ingredients, and after all was said and done, we all had more than several pounds of sausage to bring home. Last night, Andrew and I cooked up our first few links, accompanied by horseradish garlic mashed potatoes, and I realized that we had been initiated into a tradition much cherished by our Swedish friends. And it was delicious.





*Photos and statistics courtesy of Barbara and Nathan.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This is hilarious and I'm SO MAD I missed it. "Not for the faint of heart..." I love it!

MeganBritt said...

gross. but cool!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the second annual! I already have new jokes lined up : )

Anonymous said...

Hey... Can I come to the second annual?? I'm more than sure I can come up with some jokes!!!